Black Owned Maine hosts the first public-facing directory of Black-owned businesses and nonprofits in the state of Maine. Our mission is to innovate and sustain an ecosystem for Black entrepreneurs through various business supports. We welcome you to join our network and take advantage of the following opportunities. Before you submit your information please read the criteria below.
Benefits of Membership
Members can take advantage of the following benefits:
- Free listing in our public directory
- Access to a network of over 400 Black entrepreneurs in Maine
- Free technical assistance and business advising
- Free and low-cost marketing support
- Access to business workshops, events, and content, including the ability to post your own to our community calendar
- Connection to a larger ecosystem of entrepreneurs and support organizations
Primarily located in the State of Maine
- At least 50% Black-owned and operated
- No need to be registered with the state. We list sole proprietors, partnerships, LLCs, and corporations.
- Professionals working within non-Black companies are welcome to join if you have bookable services; collect commissions or pay booth rent. Ie. hairstylists, barbers, nail techs, real estate agents, et cetera
- Must be at least 50% Black-led and/or Black-serving
- Must be independent and not a subsidiary of a national or global nonprofit
We no longer list affinity groups, student unions, government officials, teachers, or the like.
What Happens After I Join?
Within the next 72 hours, your listing will go live (any edits pending). You will also receive an email to set up your BOM Member Portal account. This email will come from [[email protected]] and may go to your Spam folder.
Once received, please log in to verify your information. From this portal, you may update your business listing, create new listings for additional businesses, as well as create event listings for our community calendar.
You will also receive an email from our team with more information about your membership and how to take advantage of the benefits.
Our Directory Manager, Etinosa, is happy to answer any questions. Please reach out via our contact form or send him an email at [email protected] You can also check out our FAQ for a list of common questions.